Sunday 6 April 2014

Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

Jewelry Designers List Biography

Source(google.com.pk)
Pakistan-born, Hong Kong-based jewellery designer Maria Khan has a global clientele for her eponymous line of jewellery.  Her designs have always been influenced by her personal life experiences, making them as unique and global as herself. Raised in Pakistan, studied in London, married an Indian and now living in Hong Kong exposed her to various cultures that she has imbibed in her designs. Maria talks to iDiva.com about her globetrotting experiences, her design sensibility and the jewellery trends this season.

Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q How did you begin your journey as a jewellery designer?

Maria Khan
A As soon as I finished my studies, I was already expecting my first child. Being the wife of an investment banker, I made a choice to be a stay-at-home mom, as my husband worked long hours. We were clear that kids will not be raised in nurseries or with nannies and that one of us had to spend time with them. When we moved to Hong Kong, I soon realised that working was a possibility for me; I must say that Hong Kong is the world’s most efficient city, soon becoming the hub for jewellery. I was drawn towards jewellery immediately, and design especially, since I had studied the subject from one of the best colleges in London.

Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q What is the best thing about designing and creating jewellery?

Maria Khan
A The process of mixing multiple shapes, colours and creating unique designs is the part of designing which I enjoy the most. Taking inspiration from not only my environment but also travels and culture brings innovation to the forefront in my designs.
maria khan jewellery
Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q How has your design sensibility evolved over the years?
Maria Khan
A Over the years, I have seen the demands change in an extensive manner. Knowing and understanding the audience, without losing my design sensibilities is what I've done best. Being born and raised in Karachi to an Arab-Turkish mother and Pakistani dad, studying in London and settling down in Hong Kong and being married to an Indian has exposed to me multiple cultures, which play a role in my inspiration. Recently I went to Vietnam and even managed to do a short trip to Sapa. These places inspired not only the design but also the colours and kind of stones I used.
Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q Tell us about your latest collection.
Maria Khan
A My latest collection has a very raw, earthy, rooted yet elegant feeling to it. I like to call it the Tribal Collection. As someone who is very used to the urban lifestyle and concrete settings, meeting and seeing tribal people was refreshing; their approach to life, mannerisms, simplicity, warmth, love was all very insightful. These memories have stayed with me forever and I have tried to showcase them to the world through my tribal collection. My colours are always inspired by it though white is my signature colour.
Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q How would you sum up your own style quotient?
Maria Khan
A I like to mix and match my outfits with old and new; I loathe being 'labelled' from top to toe. I love to buy what pleases my eye, whether it's from Armani, from some vintage store in London, or from local designers in craft bazaars. I can’t see myself in the wrong pair of shoes, I have an absolute passion for shoes.
Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q What has been your greatest influence?
Maria Khan
A I have been fortunate to be born in a family with such mixed heritage. The cultures and people that surround me are always my greatest influence. My creativity brings me back to my roots.
maria khan jewellery
Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q What is the most meaningful piece of jewellery you own?
Maria Khan
A I was given a very special pendant by my father on my 13th birthday. It’s very special as he had designed it himself. It’s priceless for me, as he is no more with us.
Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q Can you tell us about the latest jewellery trends of this season?
Maria Khan
A The coming season we will see lots of chains, charms, black and gold.
Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q What are the most important things a woman should keep in mind before going jewellery shopping?
Maria Khan
A My advice to women would be to find your own style and what suits your silhouette. Don’t be scared to try a new style and do not blindly copy what you see on others. A nice necklace can bring life to a dull outfit, but if your outfit is embroidered or printed, keep accessories to a minimum. A lot of the time women end up looking like Christmas trees. Keep things simple, and remember, less is more!
Rati Agrawal, Team iDiva
Q Do you have any message for aspiring jewellery designers?
Maria Khan
A Firstly, each one needs to identify their own sense of style. Once you are confident about what you like, you can take up designing as a career.
5COMMENTS
PREVIOUS POST Celeb Style: Best Dressed at Emmy Awards 2013
NEXT POST Hair Care Solutions That Won't Cost You a Penny
Stories We Love
    Vote: Parineeti Chopra Vs Ileana D'Cruz on February Mag Covers
    Trend Alert: How to Wear Mixed Prints This Summer
    Tips for Smudge Proof Make Up
    Best Laundry Detergent for Sensitive Skin (Down Linens)
    My Daughter's Skin & Hair Are Different From Mine... (NaturallyCurly)
    Flawless Hair and Makeup: Step-by-Step Guide (J.Crew)
Recommended by
you might also like
Jewellery Speak: White... Jewellery Speak: White...
Best Jewellery Trends... Best Jewellery Trends...
Jewellery Trends for a Sparkling Eid Jewellery Trends for a Sparkling Eid
Bring Back the Bling... Bring Back the Bling...
Best of iDiva This Week:... Best of iDiva This Week:...
Have something to say? Post your comment
Please feed the comment box with your valuable thoughts, not with spam or abuse. Help keep this space clean and fun for everybody :-)
Note : 5 points will be allocated for comments with minimum character limit of 25 & Above.
To Post Your Comment Please Login / Connect with : indiatimes facebook twitter
comments (5)
Sort by
Chandan10 (Jammu) Gold : 5627
Very informative and interesting, very well explained . is a belief or behavior passed down within a group or society with symbolic meaning or special significance with origins in the past. Common examples include holidays or impractical but socially meaningful clothes (like lawyer wigs or military officer spurs), but the idea has also been applied to social norms such as greetings. Traditions can persist and evolve for thousands of years—the word "tradition" ; itself derives from the Latin tradere or traderer literally meaning to transmit, to hand over, to give for safekeeping. While it is commonly assumed that traditions have ancient history, many traditions have been invented on purpose, whether that be political or cultural, over short periods of time.
Mar 31st 2014 at 6:45AM
scamnivas (Madras) Platinum : 35736
Try innovation.
Mar 30th 2014 at 9:33PM Report  |  Reply
mukesh13 (NEW DELHI) Gold : 20435
My advice to women would be to find your own style and what suits your silhouette. Don’t be scared to try a new style and do not blindly copy what you see on others. A nice necklace can bring life to a dull outfit, but if your outfit is embroidered or printed, keep accessories to a minimum.
Mar 30th 2014 at 9:29PM
sajalsam (Noida) Platinum : 2731
My advice to women would be to find your own style and what suits your silhouette. Don’t be scared to try a new style and do not blindly copy what you see on others. A nice necklace can bring life to a dull outfit, but if your outfit is embroidered or printed, keep accessories to a minimum.
Mar 30th 2014 at 1:59AM
Anshuman Singh (Katra, Jammu and Kashmir) Gold : 1008
Pakistan-born, Hong Kong-based jewellery designer Maria Khan has a global clientele for her eponymous line of jewellery. Her designs have always been influenced by her personal life experiences, making them as unique and global as herself. Raised in Pakistan, studied in London, married an Indian and now living .

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

 Jewelry Designers List Jewelry Desgin Sketches Ideas 2014 Neclkace Ring Earringes Gallery Bangles Software Drawing Images Photos Wallpapers

No comments:

Post a Comment